- Select a statement piece. The mantle is a place for showcasing one's favorite statement piece. This could be a huge mirror that adds depth to a room a work of art, bull horns, Texas-sized star or even antlers of a prized buck and many more.
- Make room for additional seating. With a few throw pillows for more comfort, the hearth could also serve as additional seating when the fireplace is not used.
- Consider eclectic. If one is not fond of balance and symmetry, consider arranging grouping of framed or even unframed pieces of different sizes on the mantle for a more eclectic look. One may also opt for pottery sets that would add extra texture and depth to the eclectic style.
- Adding balance with symmetry. For a calm atmosphere in the fire area, consider using a balanced, simple arrangement above it. Put two identical pieces like pots or vases, candles or a display of natural branches on both sides of a piece of statement.
- Go parochial with the use of natural materials. Organic materials like natural wood and stone are perfect for a rustic fireplace. A mantle made of simple natural wood could immediately change the look of the area. If a more extensive remodel of the space is an option, a stone overlay for more texture and for drawing attention back to the space is a great choice.
Notice the luxury log cabins that celebrities own have rustic fireplaces and exposed timber that makes one want to pack up and stay even for just a night! Interior rustic design and architectural details are wonderful sources to get a cozy home inspiration for any home. A gorgeous fireplace with light touches around the mantle, cozy arrangement of rustic furniture makes for an inviting living room area. Furthermore, a fire area would be more beautiful with a medium toned hardwood floor along with a lighter area rug that will draw the room together. Rustic furniture pieces to be integrated around the fireplace could include rustic chair and sofa, rustic stool, coffee table or side table and living room table. Rustic mantels transform an ordinary fireplace to an extraordinary one. Every parochial mantel is built around the natural beauty found in the live edge of wood slabs or logs.
The fireplace has to be the focal point of the living room. However, there are instances when it is more of an eyesore than a beautifully pleasing focal point. This will happen when there are too much furniture pieces around it that takes away the beauty of the area. With a little work and some home accent pieces, any homeowner could tie the area into the rustic theme of any home. The following are some tips in making a rustic, cozy fireplace.